Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Knee

I took a Jogging class at DVC because I wanted to get back in shape and start running again. Plus I needed one more P.E. credit towards my AA degree and I thought this would be fun. I have been having pain in my knees consistently for about 3 months now
(the pain started two weeks after the class). At first I thought it was muscles I haven't used in so long. So after a month of having the pain I went to see my doctor. First she thought it was something, I don't recall the name of it but, she thought it would be okay to walk but not run. So I continued walking. After about 2 months of agony I went back to the doctors and was told it was tendinitis and I needed some physical therepy. So I went to see the physical therapist, she examined my knee, she thinks I have ACL damage and tells me I CANNOT walk or play sports until I get things checked out further. I just got home from my appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon and he is pretty sure that I have torn my ACL in my left knee. On top of that he says I have the beginning stages of arthritis in both knees and cannot do any high impact exercises or sports until further notice. This is especially frustrating because as most of you know, I enjoy being active and playing sports with my kids. I will have to play H-O-R-S-E or around the world instead of a basketball game with Tyler for the time being because I can't jump. In order to play front yard baseball I will have to walk around the bases, I guess I will have to hit the ball harder so I have a better chance at getting around the bases. I have an appointment for an MRI this Sunday and I meet with a sport Orthopedic Surgeon on January 11. I pray I can strengthen my knees without having to have surgery.

No comments: