Friday, September 23, 2011

See Jane Tri

I participated in the See Jane Triathlon in Pleasanton for the first time in 2010. It is a Sprint, 400 yard swim, 11 mile Bike ride, and a 3.1 mile run. I did this with 10 other friends. It was a ton of fun to train and compete in this event with friends.
The swim was horrible. We started on the shoreline and had to run out to start. I thought I was drowning. Everyone was swimming on top of me. That was the hardest part of the whole event.
Then the bike. I was thankful that a friend lent me her road bike. It made the bike experience a whole lot easier. I did a Tri in July and the bike ride was awful because I used my mountain bike and trying to go up and down the hills on the mountain bike was torture! The run was hard, but I was proud of myself for running the entire distance even though I was completely spent. I thank my friend Elaina for pushing me. She caught up to me on the run and we finished the event together. We finished at the exact same time!

No comments: