Sunday, March 18, 2007

Things that make you go hmmm

I have always had a hard time understanding Kyle and I thought it was because of his language barriers. But after a conversation with him tonight, it reminded me of other conversations I have had with him. I came to the conclusion that it's because most of his conversation topics come out of thin air. Completely random that don't have anything to do with other things being discussed so I am unable to understand him most of the time. (Plus it doesn't help that he always leaves out the verbs in every sentence.) Anyway, as most of you know, Kyle has always had these mini conversations with my dad long after his passing. We are working on his second year now and Kyle will still see him every now and again in the clouds. Well tonight out of nowhere he asked me where Papa's house was. Well, knowing exactly who he meant (my dad), I asked him "Papa who?" He said Papa Tom (my dad). I told him that Papa didn't have a home. And he asked me again. "Where's Papa's house?" Again I told him that Papa didn't have a house. Now he's growing agitated with me and he asked, mad this time. "Where is Papa's House." So, I said him "I don't know what house you are talking about because grandpa died so he doesn't have a house anymore." Then he says to me that Papa's house is in Heaven. And I asked him "Grandpa lives in a house in heaven?" And he said "Yes, who built it?" I had to laugh at this point, a little frustrated because he seemed to know more than me at this point and I didn't know how to answer it because I know he would correct me anyway so I told him that I didn't know who built it. And asked him "Do you?" and He said "Jesus built it. He's an angel now and angels need a place to live too." It makes you wonder how much a five year old may still remember, after passing through the Vail.

No comments: