Monday, April 11, 2011

June 2010

Since I have taken 11 months off from blogging, I decided I will do monthly updates to catch myself up. Starting with My Half Marathon Run. On June 5th I ran in the See Jane Run event. A friend signed up and then encouraged any of us who wanted to run to join her. She was doing the Half Marathon. At the time, she had said there was a 10K option or a 5K option as well. I thought, I've done 3 miles before that isn't much of a challenge so I will do the 10K. Well, I go to sign up and there is only a 5K OR half marathon option. So I choose to do the half. So, I have NOT run, let's be honest, I hadn't exercised in who knows how long. I went and bought running shoes in February. It rained, it was dark, it was cold. I had all the excuses. I started training for the 13 mile race in April. Running 3-6 miles, 2-3 times a week. That was what I called training. So June 5th comes and I am pumped, start the race, mile 1 I'm tired. Mile 6 I literally gagged on the Gu, that stuff is awful! Mile 8 my knee goes out. Yet I wanted to finish the race. I prayed the entire last 5 miles that I could please just make it to the finish line. Next time I will pray to make it to at least Chris afterward. I crossed the finished line and could not bear wait on my left leg anymore. I had to be carried to Medical, use a strangers phone to call Chris, and because he didn't recognize the phone number I had to call multiple times before he answered. Then wound up on crutches for the next 2 weeks. I realized 2 things that day. Yes, I had run 3 miles before no problem, yet I was training, and in High School at the time. My brain hasn't fully accepted that I have aged 15 years! Yikes!
Two other great things happened in June. Michayla and Tyler both graduated from 8th grade! Michayla got all dressed up for her promotion. Since she was in choir she sang 3 songs for the graduation. She even had a duet part. Michayla went straight to her 8th grade dance after the promotion/graduation. Tyler was just excited for the end of the school year. He didn't really think it was a big deal. We did take him out to dinner after to celebrate. I can't believe that they are in High School.

No comments: