Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lafayette Reservoir





During Spring break I was looking for fun things to do with the kids. I found a Reservoir in Oakland that we have never been to and they had pedal boats that you could rent and they were half off on Tuesday's. I knew that only 4 were aloud per boat, and we had 5. Chris had to work. So I figured we would need 2 boats and thought the older 2 kids could ride together. Well we drive all the way out there to find out that someone 18 or older needed to be on the boats. I asked if we could rent a patio boat then, they were all out in the water for the day. OK, how about a tour of the reservoir? They only do those on the weekends. So basically, I just drove the kids on a scenic drive. I would have been fine with walking around the reservoir, but it was a bit windy and the kids didn't want to do that. I did try to convince the kids to bring a ball or a frisbee. But they didn't want to. So I decided we would go to the Lafayette Reservoir so it wasn't a complete waste. I called first and asked their rules. Then made a phone call to Chris and begged him to meet us there so we could go on the pedal boats. He met us there and brought my brother Chris with him. We all had fun going around the reservoir.

No comments: