Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Riley Jo turns 18 months

Well, actually this Thursday she will be 19 months but life's been a little crazy lately. So Riley Jo turned 18 months May 28. This is such a big deal to me because now church becomes inportant again. I've been walking the halls for all 3 hours for about 4 months now. Sometimes wondering why I was even there. But at least I was there. She started going to nursery and she does great! I drop her off she sees the other kids and forgets about me. I take off and go to Sunday School and Relief Society. When I pick her up after church she's happy and ready to go home. It's great. Now, only if we could make it through Sacrament meeting. One step at a time I guess. On May 30th we went for her 18 month check up. She was 31 1/2" long and weighed 18 lbs. 6 oz. Yeah, I got a little chewed out for the 18 lbs. This little girl eats everything. I think she must be going through a growth spurt. But she is totally healthy and developing normally. She is such a little talker now. She can say about 20 words. She's starting to repeat things too. She makes me laugh all the time. You'd wonder why I'm ever stressed out! Riley Jo's personality is totally coming out too. She is so stubborn and independent. She is starting to refuse to sit in the shopping cart when we go shopping. Which is completely opposite of my 5 year old Kyle. He still wants to sit in the cart. I guess that's the difference between boys and girls. Riley Jo is running all over the place now, she climbs on everything too. I keep telling Chris that Riley will be our first child to climb out of the crib. She just wants to be with the big kids all the time and doing whatever they are doing. Except when she needs her mommy fix. Which I don't mind.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Riley is such a cute girl. Adelaide never wants to be in the shopping cart, ever! Maybe it is a girl thing! :)