Wednesday, August 27, 2008

George passed away

On August 25th Chris' stepdad passed away. It was the kids last day of summer and I was wanting to do something fun with them. I also needed to help my sister move a BBQ and bike from her apartment in San Jose up to Martinez. So, I loaded everyone up in the truck and headed down to San Jose. I found what looked like a fun park and zoo to take the kids to first and then we would go to my sisters. On the way down I decide it would be fun to stop off at the Great Mall to do some final school shopping. The kids agreed so we went in. I decided to only go to a couple of stores so we ended up going to one, getting some cookies and got back in the truck to head the rest of the way to San Jose. Shortly after we got back in the car I received a call from Chris that he was on his way to his mom's and he would call me back in about 15 minutes he thinks George might be dead. So I continued on to San Jose, and when we got to the park it was closed. I decided to call just to make sure, and sure enough it was closed for construction until Fall of 2009. Every other park and fun thing to do was closed on Mondays. I got the call from Chris that George had in fact died, so I decided the best thing to do was to go get lunch, go to my sisters, load up her stuff, and go home. Well it took about 2 hours to eat lunch and load up her stuff. Because I decided I would pack as much stuff in my truck as I could. I told the kids about George and we left San Jose and talked about it on the way home. We dropped Sheri's stuff off at her house and we went to my mother-in-laws to be with the family. It wasn't really the way we planned to spend our last day of summer, but hey life happens. We did go out to dinner with the family and the kids enjoyed that.

No comments: