Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Girl's Camp


I had the opportunity to go to girl's camp this year with the Walnut Creek Stake Young Women. I had a blast. I always enjoyed girl's camp as a youth and was excited to go back as a leader. I was asked to be an assistant Level 1 leader. I was able to go as Michayla's leader. We had a great group of girls (26 girls to be exact), and there wasn't any drama the entire week! My sister-in-law Jeannine and my mom split the week watching my kids so that I was able to go. I wouldn't have been able to go without them so I am very grateful to them for being willing to help me out. Michayla and I woke up 6:00 for the Polar Bear Swim. It was very cold! I figured since I was in the water why not swim across the lake. So a few of us leaders swam across the lake. Wednesday night we were the only campers in camp so the first years got to dress up the big sisters in funny outfits and they the big sisters entertained us. It was very funny! I even won the Hula Hoop contest. They called up all the Level 1 leaders, our Brethren, the camp director (Sister Hopkins), and the Stake Young Women's President (Sister Jones). We hiked to Blue Lake on Thursday, it was a nice short hike. It was very hot but the water was very cold. Michayla didn't last long before her lips were very blue and she was shaking and had to get out of the water. Me, 2 big sisters, and 1 girl swam across blue lake. We all got very sun burned and I had to float for a long time on the way back because I was getting very dizzy. Friday everyone came back to camp. We played games and finished crafts and quilts. I won a quilt that night too. I hope I am able to have another opportunity to go again!

No comments: