Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Old Borges Ranch

I was watching my niece Brittany for the week that Tyler, Michayla, and Brittany did a volleyball camp with my brother. I wanted to go do something fun with the kids but we had to be in Walnut Creek by 3:45. So I decided to take them to Old Borges Ranch. I haven't been there since I was in High School. My ward growing up used to have Daddy-Daughter camp outs there. Plus, my friends and I used to camp out there too. We went up to the ranch to see the animals, there were a lot of chickens, 2 sheep hiding from the sun, a goat, and a rabbit. Riley Jo thought the animals were fun. She was chasing the chickens with Kyle, and even pet the goat! Then we ate lunch, in the car because of all the bees. Then we went for a little hike up the hill. It was very hot so we hiked about a half mile and then turned around and hiked back to the car. When I was in high school some friends and I had carved our names into a bench so the kids wanted to hike up there and see if the bench was still there. They put a new bench up there so the kids were pretty disappointed.

No comments: