Monday, February 25, 2008

My new Calling

At the beginning of the year I was called as the Beehive advisor in Young Womens. I was very excited for this calling. I teach a great group of girls and Michayla will be joining us at the end of March. We have decided to take the entire Young Womens group to Utah for the Young Women's broadcast at the end of March. We will be going to Utah for 4 days. The girls are very excited for this trip and so are the leaders. We thought it would be awesome for the girls to be in the conference center when our new Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson spoke to them for the first time as the Prophet. We are going to do baptisms for the dead in the Salt Lake Temple, go to the Spoken Word Sunday before we drive home, and we are planning other fun stuff while there. We are hoping to go down to BYU and catch a Volleyball game or something. Since that is Michayla's birthday weekend she is able to come with us and is looking forward to going too. I am also planning on going to Girls camp in July. That will be the longest I have ever been away from my kids since Kyle was born and in the hospital for 12 days. But I was able to see them during that time. Anyway, I am very excited to go though and I will be a 1st year leader so I will be with Michayla. She was excited about that when I told her.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I didn't know you where going to girls' camp! So fun! It's been so fun working with you with the Beehives, and I look forward to getting to know you even better!